These chocolate cheesecake stuffed strawberries make a great party dessert!
Are you having a party this Christmas?
Unfortunately we won’t be, as we haven’t quite finished our kitchen yet. The oven and hobs are being connected today, but we’ve still got a little way to go in terms of finishing work surfaces, building a dining table (Chris is making the dining table!) and getting other bits of furniture.
So we’ll be travelling around to various relatives in the hope of being fed and watered.
Of course we won’t be going empty handed. Amongst other things, I’m going to be taking these chocolate cheesecake stuffed strawberries!
A no-bake cheesecake mixture made with cocoa powder and melted chocolate, piped into juicy strawberries.
It wouldn’t be cheesecake without a little crunch, so I’m topping with Oreo crumbs too.
If you want to try alternative fillings, here are a few ideas:
- Salted caramel (replace the melted chocolate and cocoa with store-bought salted caramel sauce) and crushed up biscoff (speculoos) biscuits
- Vanilla cheesecake with crushed digestive biscuit (or Graham cracker) sprinkles
- Nutella (replace the melted chocolate and cocoa with Nutella) and crushed roasted hazelnuts
So good! I think I’m going to have to put them in the boot of the car whilst travelling – I don’t think they’d make it without being half eaten otherwise!!
- 20 large, ripe strawberries
- 90ml (1/3 cup) double (heavy) cream
- 180g (2/3 cup) cream cheese
- 60g (1/4 cup) icing sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sifted cocoa powder
- 55g (2 oz) dark chocolate, melted
- 4 Oreo biscuits, creamy centre discarded (ok, eaten!), biscuits crushed (for gluten-free, use gluten-free bourbons or your favourite gluten-free chocolate biscuit)
- Remove any leaves from the strawberries, then use a melon baller to scoop out the centre of the strawberries. Slice the very bottom off the strawberries so they stand up straight.
- Whisk the cream in a large bowl until the soft peak stage, then add the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Whisk again until combined, then pour in the melted chocolate. Whisk once more until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a fluted tip and pipe the cheesecake mixture into the strawberries. You want to fill the hole in the strawberry, and have the cheesecake mixture swirled on top – like a mini cupcake.
- Place the strawberries in a petit fours cases and sprinkle the crushed biscuits on top before serving.