This Cajun chicken one-pot is a winner for the family dinner table!
One pot dinners – I LOVE them!
Especially speedy pasta versions. Perfect for getting dinner on the table before the kids start having an after-school hunger meltdown!
This one has piles of cajun chicken and chorizo all cooked together in a creamy tomato sauce. I like to add plenty of veg such a spinach, peppers and fresh tomatoes too. Because, hey, who doesn’t like getting one over on the kids and making them eat extra veg without even thinking about it 🙂
Before I get on with the recipe, I wanted to let you know about my giveaway for the Foodies Festival!
I’m so sorry if you guys are outside of the UK, this one is for an event just up the road from me in Tatton park which is in Knutsford.
We go to Tatton park all the time as we’re in Knutsford every weekend for the kid’s football.
It’s a big estate with gorgous gardens, an old mansion and farm. They hold quite a few events there (I love it at Christmas when they decorate the whole mansion for the festivities).
The foodies festival is a huge event with pop up restaurants, BBQs, an artisan market, live music, kids cookery theatre and loads more.
There are chefs there too – such as Ed Baines, Aldo Zilli and the Masterchef winners – Simon Wood and Pin Coombes.
I’m giving away 3 pairs of tickets to the event (kids under 12 go free so you can take the family if you have little ones).
General Ticket Information:
Tickets are on sale now at www.foodiesfestival.com or by calling 0844 995 1111
Friday adult ticket £10.00/£8.00 concession
Saturday/Sunday adult ticket £14.00/£11.00 concession
Three day adult ticket £20.00/£16.00 concession
Children aged 12 and under go free to all Foodies Festivals when accompanied by an adult.
10am – 6pm each day
Parking at Tatton Park £6
To be in with a chance of winning one of three pairs of standard day tickets, enter the giveaway below. The more actions you complete, the more entries you get. If you’re already on my mailing list or following me on one or more of the social platforms you can still enter for any of the items you follow me on 🙂
Good Luck! x
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 regular onion, peeled and chopped
- 1.5 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 75g (2.6 oz) chorizo, cut into small chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 200g (2.5 cups) dried pasta shapes
- 1x400g (14oz) tin chopped tomatoes
- 480mls (2 cups) chicken stock
- 60ml (¼ cup) double (heavy) cream
- Large handful of fresh baby spinach
- 10 fresh cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 50g (1/2 packed cup) grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan (skillet) and add the onion. Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to soften.
- Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning on the chopped chicken breast, then add to the pan. Heat for 5-6 minutes until the chicken is sealed on all sides.
- Add in the chorizo and garlic and fry for a further two minutes, until the chorizo starts to release it’s oils, then add peppers. Stir, then add the pasta shapes, tin of tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, stir, then place a lid or some foil over the pan. Turn the heat down and let the pasta simmer for 15 minutes. Check and stir once or twice during this time.
- After 15 minutes, remove the lid and test the pasta. It should be just cooked (if it isn’t, cook for a couple of minutes more with a splash of boiling water if needed). Stir in the cream, heat through for a minute then turn off the heat and stir in the spinach. It should wilt very quickly.
- Sprinkle on the sliced tomatoes, grated cheese and parsley, then serve.