Why oh why oh why did I buy a NINE-PACK of Snickers in preparation for making these mini cheesecakes?
These cheesecakes need ONE Snickers bar – for all of them.
I know I like to be prepared, but I’m going to have to own up and tell you that I was kidding myself. I knew I didn’t need nine Snickers bars. I just wanted the leftovers. All eight of them.
So, shall we talk about my diet at this point?
Erm no, lets leave that for another day 🙂
I will talk about these Snickers Cheesecakes though. I made them for a charity bake sale at school, but now I’m slightly regretting taking all but the test cake in.
Crumbly Oreo base, filled with a sweet cream cheese and peanut butter filling, and topped with Snickers and melted chocolate.
Anyway, I just about managed to photo this half eaten one before inhaling the rest of it.
So so good. I really need to make them again very soon as I’ve been thinking about them ever since. I guess that’s going to call for another shop for a multi-pack of Snickers bars too…… 😀
- Oreo Base:
- 20 Oreo cookies, broken into rough pieces
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 180g (3/4 cup) full-fat cream cheese
- 7tbsp peanut butter
- 75g (3/4 cup)confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 120ml (1/2 cup) double (heavy) cream
- 1 regular Snickers bar cut into small pieces
- 50g (1.75oz) milk chocolate, melted
- Line a 12 hole cake tin (small size holes – not a muffin tray) with cake cases and put to one side.
- Make the base first. Place the Oreos in a food processer and pulse until you have coarse crumbs. Stir in the melted butter and spoon into the cake cases. Push the mix down with a spoon and place in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the cream cheese, peanut butter, confectioner’s sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cream to soft peaks. Fold the cream cheese mix into the whipped cream until combined. Take the cake tin out of the fridge and then spoon or pipe the cream cheese mix onto the oreo bases.
- Decorate the tops of the cheesecakes with two pieces of chopped up snickers, then drizzle with melted chocolate and serve.