A beautifully aromatic Thai Green Curry Paste made without oil. Only 136 calories in the whole jar (syn-free on Slimming World extra easy).
A really quick and super easy recipe for you today.
You might know that I absolutely adore Thai food – be it Thai Sweet Potato Skins, Thai fishcakes, Thai chicken. One of my absolute favourites is a simple Thai green curry though.
Although I often make sauces from scratch, Thai green curry paste is something I generally buy. They vary quite a lot in heat, flavour and calories – but my favourite is the Thai Taste one. It’s really tasty, but mild enough for my kids to enjoy too. Unfortunately, even though it’s one of the healthier brands, it still isn’t quite Syn-Free on my Slimming World plan.
I knew I could make it less calorific, so I set to work figuring out a recipe that would taste just as good but with minimal effort.
A bit of experimentation, lots of green chillies and coriander later, and I had my finished product.
Delicious!! Clean plates all round.
Check out my post on Wednesday to see how I used it to make that yummy Thai chicken curry.
- 3-6 medium heat green Chillies (depending on how hot you like it)
- 6 green spring onions (scallions)
- Small bunch coriander
- 2 roughly chopped lemon grass stalks - outer leaves removed
- Thumb sized chunk of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 6 Kaffir lime leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried coriander
- ½ tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp shrimp paste (usually gluten free, but check if required)
- Place all of the ingredients in a mini food processor and blend until desired consistency is reached. (Blend until finely chopped for a curry that will be lighter green with flecks of coriander in or blend until a smooth paste forms if you don't want the speck of coriander).
Nutritional info from Calorie Count for the whole jar (6 servings)